Tuesday, June 17, 2008

4 weeks old and eating solid food






Yesterday the pups turned four weeks old. Man, are they growing. We weighed them last evening and true to form, Bear(male), is by far the porker. He weighs a whopping 5.75 pounds. One of his sisters comes in second at an even 5 pounds (Yellow/Red). the others are as follows: Green -4 5/8, Red -4 7/8, Blue (male)- 4 5/8, White - 4 7/8, Pink - 4 1/2, White/Blue - 4 1/4.

Last Thursday, 06-12, I introduced them to solid food. It consisted of mixing puppy chow and water in the blender to create a gruel. I warmed it slightly and gave it to them in a small saucer. They loved it. All of them took right to it. The next day I made up a large batch and gave it to them in the large circular pan that Bonnie lent me. The sight was exactly as I had envisioned it to be. They all surrounded it and ate at will and then proceeded to wade in it. What a sight.

Today, Christina, Keri, and Nicole came over to see the pups. Keri took a million photos of them. I would guess that a few are going to show up on the Blog in the next couple of days. I have posted some from the first solid food feedings. Not nearly as nice as Keri's,but, they give you a good snapshot of the pups progress.

Addie is just about ready to break away from the duty of having to feed the pups. She acts as though it couldn't happen any too soon. She also would rather play fetch than feed pups. I would guess that not having another litter of pups is OK with her.

No comments: