Friday, June 6, 2008

a quick update...

So for those of you who have been following the blog daily - but have been disappointed in the lack of posts this past week - I thought I would give a quick update.  
I, have not been to see them in a week either, so only have second hand information to report, but will be visiting tonight with my photographer friend Kari and will have plenty to post (including pictures!) tomorrow.
Last Saturday morning (6 days ago) was the last time I saw the puppies and they had already grown so much.  The little yellow one was just starting to walk - but it was more of a wobble.  Their eyes were not open, but were not closed quite as tightly as they had been a few weeks ago.  Most of them were still doing the commando crawl to get around, and really only moved around when it was feeding time.
Now, they have opened their eyes, and are walking around quite nicely.  Even escaping out of the whelping box at times!  As I understand they do not have clear vision yet and occasionally bump into the walls and each-other, which must be a funny sight to see!  The largest change (literally) is their size.  Last I heard the biggest one, now affectionally called "bear", is over 3 pounds!  The rest of the pups seem to be catching up to him too.  The calm days of sweet little squeaking puppies may be coming to a close - sorry mom and dad!  I think that things are going to start to get a little crazier around the Denham house!
Well, that's all I know.  I will continue to encourage the rents to keep this blog up, but you may have to settle for my occasional 2nd hand posts instead!  They are busy over there (you would be too with nine dogs in the house!).
Until next time,
Christina

No comments: